Embird - Machine Embroidery Software
Besides the regular Studio, current release of Embird includes also a new Studio NEXT Generation program.
It is accessible via Embird Editor > menu > Insert > Studio NEXT
design. Studio NEXT is faster (it utilizes multi-core CPUs) than regular Studio and has graphical user interface
with adaptive rendering for different screens. Studio NEXT is compatible with
Studio 2023 and previous versions.
Our NEXT generation technology brings a leap in a graphical user interface design, a full multi-core CPU support and readiness for future multi-platform deployment. New graphical user interface was made so that it adapts smoothly to any common screen resolution and provides large enough and legible text and icons.
Besides release for Windows, Embird and its plug-ins will be gradually released also for Android, Mac OS and iOS, using the same look and feel on all platforms.
Features of NEXT Generation Technology
- Adaptive optimum GUI rendering for wide range of screen resolutions
- Full support for multi-core CPUs, faster applications
- Touch screen support
- Enhanced readability of text
- Readiness for multi-platform deployment to Mac OS X, iOS, Android (already under the development)
Studio NEXT - Enhancements
- Faster than previous Studio versions. Speed depends on number of CPU cores, more cores means higher speed
- HTML5 compliant help files with adjustable text size
- New object type - Mesh - for stippling, blackwork, crosses, celtic knots and other loose fills that leave fabric showing through stitches.
- New Mesh fill available for lettering, both predefined Alphabets and common system fonts. Lettering must be large enough.
- Several new overlock stitches (samples) added to outline tool. They allow to create patch edges.
- New option for columns with pattern - pattern adaptivity, which means stretching pattern to fit the width of the column. This helps to create lace-like columns.
Studio NEXT - Manual
Studio NEXT - Temporarily Removed Functionality
Few features have been temporarily removed during the development. These features will be added back again in the future.
- Hints displayed when cursor is positioned over the control.
Studio NEXT - Discontinued Functionality
Few features have been discontinued in Studio NEXT, mostly because of lack of their support in operating systems where deployment of Studio is planned.
- Scanner support
- CMX, EMF and WMF files import - replaced by SVG files support