What is New?
Build 1.5, 2 Mar 2022
- Folders table in open/save/import/export dialog windows for faster folder browsing
- Import of SVG files in real size (if provided in the file)
- Enhancement to compatibility with SVG files
- Fix to Font Engine leaving some letters empty
- New pop-up menu in 'Parameters Window' to allow storage of current parameters as a new default parameters or to hold them for newly created objects
- Enhanced rendering of text (captions, labels) on controls
- Fix to drawing icons of border files in open/save dialog windows
- Update to Help files
- Fix to issue with selecting default font or alphabet in 'Settings > Lettering Preferences' window
- Fix to loosing changed parameter values when switching between sections in 'Parameters Window'
- Faster rendering of dialog and settings windows
- Supressed flicker when resizing panels with splitter
- Fix to carvings following the fill with autocolumn mode
- Enhacement to rendering of control borders during resizing
Build 1.4, 4 Feb 2022
- Multiple enhancements to Font Engine. Enhanced stitching of serifs, complex letters, etc.
- Multiple enhancements to Auto Column
- Multiple enhancements to import and stitching of SVG files
- Icons and previews of SVG files in 'Import' and 'Export' dialogs windows
- New tool for reduction of color number in template raster image for easier digitizing of complex designs. This tool is accessible via main menu > Image > Tools > Reduce Colors.
- New tool for posterization of template raster image for easier digitizing of complex designs. This tool is accessible via main menu > Image > Tools > Posterize.
- Fix to blurry or enlarged rendering when using enlargement in Windows 'Ease of Access' settings
- Enhanced color contrast and text readability of drop-down panels in 'Parameters' windows
- Fix to Envelope function
- Transformations Window: controls to switch between transform, align and distribute mode moved to vertical tool box
- Update to help files
- Button for access to respective help chapter in 'Parameters' window
- Partial translation into multiple languages. Full translation not finished yet.
- Options to export and import translation files in .csv format editable in MS Excel or other spreadsheet program
- Switching between inches and millimeters (imperial / metric unit system)
- Illustrations explaining meaning of settings added to main 'Parameters' panel
- Slightly faster rendering of whole graphic user interface
- Fix to aligning controls in panels
- Dismissing dialog windows with 'Escape' key
- Confirming dialog windows with 'Enter' key
- Fix to creating new subfolder in 'Open' and 'Save' dialog windows
- Faster compilation of lettering
- Fix to program freezing when closing dialog windows
- Fix to occasional freezing when opening file
- Fix to conversion of objects into other type of objects
- Fix to rendering holes in object icons
- Fix to shortcut keys '3' and '4' for placing start points of column-like objects
- Fix to shortcut key 'x', which acts like a secondary mouse button to invoke pop-up menus in work area, color palette and object inspector list
- Reduced size of 'Parameters' window to allow design in the work area to be visible
Build 1.3, 13 Dec 2021
- Fix to stability of 'Settings' and 'Parameters' windows
- Fix to enabling/disabling groups of controls
- Fix to rendering of group boxes
- 'Enter' and 'Space' shortcut keys enabled to finish editing of object
Build 1.2, 7 Dec 2021
- Centering design in hoop when sending it to Embird Editor
- Fix to occasional freezing at start
- Fix to rendering of very short stitches in 3D
- Fix to generating stitches when sending design to Embird Editor
- Splash screen at start
Build 1.1, 6 Dec 2021
- Fix to leaving connections behind when moving design to center of the hoop
- Color scheme switched to grey
- New main menu item in creation/editing mode - Edge. Change to menu items layout in this mode.
- Fix to export of design into .SVG file format
- Fix to outline parameters reverting to default values when re-opening the parameters window
- Added missing implementation of TAB key function in node editing mode.
- Button for fast access to the Parameters window added to vertical splitter panel.
- Enabled double click action on icons in Object Inspector for fast access to show/hide objects, generate stitches, launch Parameters window and launch Color Mixer window. These actions were enabled only for regular Inspector mode (i.e. mode without check boxes), now they are enabled also for the tap mode (mode with check boxes).
- Enhancement of the 'Reduce Node Number' function
- Thread catalogs updated from main Embird program
- Faster start of Studio
- Faster GUI
- Update to User Guide (Help files)
- Erasing of pixels in 'User Pattern Editor' moved from secondary mouse button to Ctrl keyboard button. Secondary mouse button is now used to pan the work area.
- Fix to rendering of group boxes
- Fix to rendering of 'User Pattern Editor'
- Fix to numpad '+' and '-' key functionality for zoom-in and zoom-out
- Fix to Alt + arrow keys to moved selected objects
- Fix to Shift + arrow keys to scroll Work Area
- Help files are now accessible also from 'Fragment Editors' window.
Build 1.0, 17 Nov 2021
First official release of Studio NEXT generation (TEST version)
Our NEXT generation technology brings a leap in a graphical user interface design, a full multi-core CPU support and readiness for future multi-platform deployment. New graphical user interface was made so that it adapts smoothly to any common screen resolution and provides large enough and legible text and icons.
Besides release for Windows, Embird and its plug-ins will be gradually released also for Android, Mac OS and iOS, using the same look and feel on all platforms.
The test version of Studio NEXT is fully functional, but it is supposed to be updated frequently as issues caused by its novelty may arrise. During the test phase, the previous version of Studio is available as well and it is possible to swap the work (*.eof files) between them if needed.
Studio NEXT may look to users of previous versions as a totally different program, but in fact it is not. Studio NEXT has almost all functions of the previous version, but many of them have been renamed or moved to other menus or panels for the sake of clarity, controls accessibility on small and large screens and compatibility with operating systems which are going to be supported by future releases of Studio NEXT.
Features of NEXT Generation Technology
- Adaptive optimum GUI rendering for wide range of screen resolutions
- Full support for multi-core CPUs, faster applications
- Touch screen support
- Enhanced readability of text
- Readiness for multi-platform deployment to Mac OS X, iOS, Android (already under the development)
Studio NEXT - Enhancements
- Faster than previous Studio versions. Speed depends on number of CPU cores, more cores means higher speed
- X-Ray mode in Sew Simulator
- Enhanced 3D mode
- Long and short stitches indication in X-Ray mode
- Export of designs, raster images, stitches and stitch animations to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- .EOF design files backward compatible with Embird Studio 2021 and older
- User interface adjusted for single mouse button or finger tap control
- Adjustable size of key controls
- Support of OneDrive cloud in open and save dialog windows
- Highlighted contours of stitches and objects when zoomed-in
- Adjustable colors of selection box, nodes, highlights, text baseline, text spider controls etc.
- HTML5 compliant help files with adjustable text size
Studio NEXT - Temporarily Removed Functionality
Few features have been temporarily removed during the development. These features will be added back again in the future.
- Hints displayed when cursor is positioned over the control.
Studio NEXT - Discontinued Functionality
Few features have been discontinued in Studio NEXT, mostly because of lack of their support in operating systems where deployment of Studio is planned.
- Scanner support
- CMX, EMF and WMF files import - replaced by SVG files support
(C) BALARAD, s.r.o.